Powerful Store Design Tools
• Complete control over store design with new Store Morph Technology™.
• Use pre-defined pages, or add your own custom pages.
• Specify the position of each component on every store page.
• Easily insert third party module components into store pages.
• Change content of HEAD and BODY tags on each page individually or globally.
• Use the ready-made design for your store, or create a unique template.
• Point + Click control over fonts, colors, buttons, navigation bar, product layouts, etc..
• Advanced control over navigation bar code, buttons, product layouts, links, and more.
Easy-to-Use Administration Tools
Web accessible administration interface. Nothing to install on your computer.
• Version history records each change for many store design components.
• Version recall enables you to experiment, and create alternate versions, without risk.
• Navigation tree directs you to all aspects of your online store settings.
• Links to the store provide an easy way to view changes as you work.
• Unlimited products.
• Unlimited categories and sub-categories.
• Create detailed product descriptions with text or HTML.
• Create custom fields for each product, such as ISBN, UPC, Manufacturer, etc.
• Assign thumbnail and full-size images to each product.
Inventory and Merchandising
• Low Stock and Out of Stock inventory levels for each product.
• Display customized inventory level messages for each product or universally.
• Hide out-of-stock products from customers.
• Receive email notifications for low or out of stock products.
• Associate unlimited related products.
• Offer upsale products based on order total, items purchased, or both.
• Define product characteristics with attributes.
• Add additional prices or weight to individual attribute options.
• Multiple attribute displays, including drop-down boxes, radio buttons, and text fields.
• Use attribute templates to assign sets of attributes to multiple products.
• Changes to an attribute template can be copied to all products referencing it.
• Set order minimums based on price, quantity, or both.
• Display custom message for not meeting order minimum.
• Encourage repeat business with customer accounts.
• Provide customers easy access to their account details and addresses.
• Create price groups to offer special pricing for specific customers.
• Use availability groups to offer hidden products to specific customers.
• Assign customers to one or multiple Miva Merchant Mailer mailing lists.
• Promote your store by working with affiliates.
• Set affiliate commission based on order total, traffic referred, or a combination of both.
• Online affiliate accounts enable affiliates to see earnings, retrieve store links and banners, and view program agreement.
• Track all affiliate earnings and payouts through a simple affiliate management system.
Additional Marketing Services
• Work seamlessly with Miva Merchant Mailer, the mailing list management and email distribution system.
• Take advantage of Miva Merchant Submit, a suite of search engine optimization and web presence enhancement tools.
• Batch all new orders and run batch reports.
• Orders provide customer information, payment, shipping methods, and product details.
• Process all orders through your payment gateway remotely.
• Order encryption provides increased security for customer payment details.
• Generate confirming e-mail messages for customers when orders are placed.
• Receive e-mail notifications when new orders are received.
• Notification emails can be copied to a third party for drop-shipping, among other uses.
• State-based sales tax and shopper selected sales tax settings available.
• Calculate sales tax or customize with a generic VAT setting.
• Use US currency format or European currency, with conversion rates.
• Create any customized currency format.
• Specify product weights with customized weight label.
• Customizable state and country lists can be modified for use in any part of the world.
Logging and Analytics
• Generate an ELF2 formatted log file for use with the Urchin E-Commerce module for the Urchin 5 software.
• Track customer page visits with Miva Merchant Access Log.
• View statistics for revenue, number of orders, and top selling products.
Shipping Calculation and Payment Processing
• Get automatic shipping rates from UPS, USPS, and FedEx.
• Create custom rate tables based on quantity, order total, order weight, and more.
• Accept credit cards with a variety of built-in payment gateways, including Authorize.net, VeriSign, CardService International, CyberSource, and many more.
• Ability to accept and process credit cards manually.
• Compatible with other payment methods, such as PayPal, electronic checks, and COD.
• Smart commerce library detection automatically tells you which shipping and payment modules are supported by your web host.
• Import product, customer, and category data for faster storefront setup.
• Export products, customers, orders, affiliates, and categories from storefront.
• Additional Miva Merchant Synchro add-on provides real-time product, customer and order synchronization with QuickBooks.
• New MIVA-SQL technology uses the power of SQL for enhanced database performance without a SQL-compatible server.
• Configurable for use with MySQL database systems.
• XML-based provisioning for automatic store setup.
"Getting Started" Wizards
• Easy-to-use wizards to walk through every aspect of your storefront to help get started.
• Wizards provide assistance for getting adjusted to using an e-commerce solution.
• Simple Mode administration interface provides a step-by-step walk-through of all required parts of an online storefront.
• Easily accepts add-on modules from third party developers.
• All modules are built around a common API and plug into the appropriate sections automatically.
• Third party module settings configured directly in your administration interface.
• Large module aftermarket provides unlimited new features for storefront.
• Context-sensitive Extras buttons throughout administration interface direct you to MivaCentral.com for suggestions of related third party modules.
• Module interface provides access to all installed modules.
• Remove built-in modules you do not wish to use.
Store Access and Maintenance
• Create unlimited user accounts for administrator access.
• Assign access groups to limit user access to specific store administration duties.
• Maintenance mode enables you to close the store for maintenance.
• Customizable maintenance message displayed to visitors while store is taken down.
• Automated updates: never having to upload a patch or perform an upgrade again.
• Connection to the Miva Merchant update server notifies you of available patches, and prompts an optional automated installation.
Documentation and Support
• An overview guide, "Getting Started as an Online Merchant," provides a readable, magazine-like introduction to the concepts and language of online shop keeping.
• Comprehensive online Help system, with more complete and relevant information, enables users to find answers quickly.
• Context sensitive Help icons throughout the administration interface guide you to relevant online help guides.
• Detailed instructions not only explain how to accomplish the task at hand, but also provide information to help the user understand how to use the tool most effectively in their business.
• Active, friendly user communities enable idea sharing and skill building for businesses using Miva Merchant, Miva Merchant online store designers, and programmers who create innovative new modules to extend the functionality of the product.
• Phone and email technical support from trained Miva Merchant technicians available through Miva Merchant Service Club.
Accounting with QuickBooks
If you need to bring accounting data into Quickbooks software, Miva Synchro communicates directly with your Miva Merchant online store and your QuickBooks company file on your Windows PC. You simply launch the application and Miva Merchant Synchro does all the work for you, synchronizing your product and customer data, downloads orders, retrieves payment information. and creates Invoices or Sales Receipts.
Miva Merchant runs on either a Unix or Windows web server. To manage and take control of your online store, all you need is a Web Browser and an internet connection.